Bintani is excited to welcome Gambrinus Malts to our malt line up this week. Situated in the Okanagan Valley, in Canada’s north (halfway between Vancouver and Calgary), the Gambrinus maltsters insist that the beauty and purity of their home is reflected in their products. Their range of unique malts are malted in small batches to meet the needs of brewers chasing flavour and quality. Their original malting equipment is sourced out of Germany and they pride themselves on honouring a European influenced approach to malting.
The malts initially available have been hand-picked by Bintani for the unique characteristics they bring to beers and the differential they hold to other malts available in Australia.
Gambrinus Honey Malt is a stand-out product in the US and Canada and is already attracting a lot of interest here in Australia. It delivers an intense sweetness that is free from roasted or astringent flavours, with a characteristic honey like flavour and golden colour. This highly versatile, multifaceted malt brings suggestions of bread crust, honey, toast, warm cereal and toffee. It really doesn’t compare to any other malt. It’s great for adding depth and complexity to the malt profile for styles like: brown ale, dunkel, bock, altbier, Scottish ale, Pale ale and many more. It also brings depth and balance to the higher bitterness of the heavily hopped plethora of pales and IPA’s. It can be comfortably used at up to 10% of the grist, with the flavour becoming more assertive at higher usage rates.” (credit Gambrinus Maltings)
Other malts now available through Bintani Australia wide:
• ESB malt: Our ‘Extra Special British’ Pale malt is malted for brewers seeking the unique flavor imparted by British Pale Malt. Gambrinus has modified its malting process to give you a distinctive malt traditionally found only on the British Isles. As you’d expect from the name, our ESB Pale Malt is ideal for authentic English-style bitter, pale ale, and IPA. With its robust overtones of bready cereal, caramel, nutty grain, and honey, it also makes a great base for full-flavored styles like Scottish ales, Imperial IPA, American strong ale, old ale, or barley wine. full stats here
• Pale (Two Row): Our plump 2-row European-style pale ale malt is the base for all beers. Processed from premium Canadian 2-row barley. Gambrinus Pale Malt is known for fresh, bready notes with background notes of biscuit, grain, and honey. Use for styles where a rich malt flavor can be shown off, or where a strong malt backbone is needed to balance other strong flavors – IPA, pale ale, brown ale, golden ale, or Scottish and Belgian ales. full stats here
• Munich Light 10L: Seeking a well-balanced malty beer? This plump, sweet, and mellow Munich malt delivers impressions of toasty bread crust and caramel with nutty and cereal grain background notes. Ideal as the base malt for amber or red ales, Altbier, Scottish ales, and traditional Bavarian lagers; we also recommend small inclusions for pale ale, IPA, and other styles to intensify color and boost the perception of maltiness without the sweetness of caramel malt. full stats here
• Munich Dark 30/35L: A very deeply-kilned Munich malt that combines the color and flavor characteristics of roasted malt with the mellowness of Munich malt. As up to 30% of the grain bill for dark lagers, Altbier, Doppelbock, dark Belgian beers, and brown or red ales, Gambrinus Munich Dark 30L adds a gorgeous red color with notes of dark bread crust toffee, brown sugar, and light roastiness. full stats here
• Honey Malt: Honey malt is the best description for European malt known as ‘Brühmalz’. Its intense malty sweetness makes it perfect for any specialty beer. This highly versatile, multifaceted malt brings suggestions of bread crust, honey, toast, warm cereal, and toffee. Great for adding depth and complexity to the malt profiles of styles like Märzen/Festbier, Bock, Dunkel, Altbier, Scottish ale, brown ale or mild ale, pale ale, and many more. full stats here
Please call your closest Bintani Team Member, find contact details here.